Cloud Alliance Director
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 206391
Position Title: Client Relationship Specialist (VI)
Cloud Alliance Director
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to manage, grow and develop Teradata’s global partnership with Google Cloud Platform. Teradata is a leader in the Analytics market with offerings that span Cloud, On-Premise and Hybrid Cloud solutions. Google Cloud Platform is a strategic Cloud partner for Teradata and is a top three Cloud provider. The candidate for this role will be responsible for owning the overall relationship with a strategic Cloud Platform partner including relationship and program management, contract management, funnel management, governance, collaborating with product management on roadmap and supporting the GTM sales teams and regional partner organizations. This position requires a high energy individual that can manage multiple touch points and create strong relationships across the organization and work collaboratively to support the success of our business within Teradata and the partner organization.
Applicants should have a proven track record in partnership management or experience working with Cloud vendors on like Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s). The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the relationships and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will develop presentations and materials, support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional strategy and interpersonal skills, strong technical skills, and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model.
- Drive the increased adoption of Teradata solutions with the partner organization; facilitate communication, enablement and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
- Create, develop and execute functional or sector specific initiatives and offers in line with partner and Teradata strategic objectives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Partner’s business objectives and effectively communicate and align with Teradata to drive incremental growth.
- Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the partner side, and their ecosystem, as well as internally in Teradata to support growth of our business.
- Identify new business opportunities with or through partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through partner.
- Support sales calls where partner is involved by maintain up to date best practices on partnership
- Achievement of MBO’s associated with driving revenue and new account development and related activities.
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 5 years experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is recommended.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Director of Enterprise/Cloud Partnerships. The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Alliance Director
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US