Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 206354
Position Title: Senior Manager, Services Account Manager
The Greater China (GCA) SAM Lead role is responsible for all Managed & Success Services (M&SS) within that area. As part of our Go to Market organization, this position will serve three primary functions:
- Owning, building and delivering on the GEO M&SS ARR Growth Quota in alignment to the GEO Sales VP
- Managing and coaching the Service Account Managers (SAMs) in the GEO in order to delivery 1
- Owning and delivering sales for M&SS directly on accounts as well as in support to the SAMs.
- Ownership of the GCA GEO for M&SS and a portion of quota for M&SS
- Develop 1:1 relationships with the GEO Sales Vice Presidents (VP) and Area Vice Presidents (AVP)
- Develop 1:1 relationships with key M&SS customers in the Region
- Create and deliver strategy, that aligns with the GEO Sales VP and M&SS, to beat the n M&SS Quota
- Manage and coach each of the SAMs to develop a pipeline of opportunities that will allow them to close their quotas
- Coach SAMs to develop their Sales and M&SS skills in order to grow in their roles, as well as identifying and communicating development points and issues in the Northern SAMs
- Develop strong partnerships with the wider supporting organizations in the GEO including the Business Consulting (BC) and Engagement Management (EM) Directors.
- Understand, input into and be a secondary owner to the GEO M&SS Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) ensuring that movements between months are fully understood, justified and bridged.
- Stepping in to support SAM activities in times of particularly high workload, including:
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and competitive positioning.
- Responsible to develop the full Statement of Work (SOW), Profit and Loss Statement (P&L), manage bid review process. and account plan updates across the entire customer ecosystem.
- Work with the APAC M&SS LT to input into and disseminate from the Global M&SS team
- Lead field enablement from deployment and field education perspective to all levels of Geo organization to ensure wide knowledge of M&SS portfolio is understood and adopted
IDEAL PROFILE CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrated sales services experiences
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in managing and coaching teams of individuals
- Demonstrated success in managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities.
- Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
- Direct experience and strong familiarity with cloud services and technical architectures
- Direct experience with Outsourcing services for Platform, Operations and Application Management
- Outsourcing experience leading the positioning, scoping (on and off-shore solutions) and developing Outcome based SOW with SLA’s/Penalties
- Experience in data warehousing architectures, development and solutions
- Familiarity with industry standard methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work successfully at the intersection of business and technology and translate/communicate across both.
- Fluent in MS Excel, must be able to navigate detailed P&L modeling worksheets, project and calculate prospective margins, and be savvy in making trade-offs within the offer to optimize gross margin.
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly.
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technologies (e.g. Netezza, Oracle, Exadata, Teradata, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale BI technologies and open sources
- Basic knowledge of and experience with sales life cycle processes and best practices
- Around 10 years of experience with support, managed services and transaction services including installation, project and contract management, data migration, backup and recovery, business continuity and software implementation
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong commercial and business acumen and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values.
- Be highly collaborative, organized, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: SAM Lead
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN