Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 206330
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Senior Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata Sustaining Engineering is an expert team of software engineers focused on delivering deep-level technical support to our customers. Building upon your foundational Software Engineering and Database skills, you will develop a thorough understanding of the Teradata products, their associated tools and platforms, and the ability to clearly articulate findings, decisions, and solutions. We’re targeting a highly motivated and creative software engineer for this Senior-level position who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata’s Customer Service Organization has four levels of expertise to handle customer issues and Sustaining Engineering represents the highest level of expertise. As such, Sustaining Engineering is responsible to implement a final software fix for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product/Problem analysis to determine the root cause of defects in Teradata Database software
- Implement software fixes, perform tests, and merge fixes into the code base for software defects reported in DR (Discrepancy Report) or JIRA.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high-performance computing environments.
- Current USA B1 Visa or the ability to obtain USA B1 Visa as a condition of employment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- BS or MS in Computer Science or another technical discipline with 5-7 years of related experience
- Knowledge of an enterprise-level relational database (Teradata, SQL, DB2, etc.)
- Knowledge SUSE LINUX operating system
- Good knowledge of programming language of C/C++, Java, or Python
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing
- Prior experience working with Teradata Database and associated platforms (Vantage, Aster, QueryGrid, Unity)
- Experience in system software programming
- Experience with data analysis
- Global engineering organization that provides 24/7/365 support
- 24x7 operation may require on-call rotation (on-call rotation starts after 6-month training period)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX