Americas Accounts Receivable and Collections Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 206324
Position Title: Manager, Accounts Receivable
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Americas Accounts Receivable and Collections Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day collection efforts of the Americas Region, trade receivables and reports to the Global Accounts Receivable Manager (located in Dublin, Ireland). This person will be responsible for the daily supervision of the collections and accounts receivable staff. In addition, the Manager will also work closely with the Americas Region business unit for the most sensitive and hands-on customer accounts. The Manager will also work closely with the Regional Controllers Group concerning Bankruptcies and audit reporting requests and the Corporate Controllers’ department (located in the Atlanta, Georgia area).
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and manage all accounts receivable activities for the Americas region
- Supervise and manage collection of all trade receivables for the Americas region of accounts beyond set terms and in accordance with company policies
- Serve as primary point of contact/escalation for operational issues and questions
- Serve as a player/coach as needed
- Work closely with the Billing Department and other internal departments to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing and collection efforts
- Work with the Americas Business Units as well as sales staff on disputed payments to resolve issues and obtain payment
- Supervise, coach and mentor Collections / Accounts Receivable staff, providing ongoing feedback while addressing any HR and performance issues
- Support accounts receivable and Business Unit reporting requirements
- Ensure team delivery on service level agreements for both accounts receivable and collections as required by internal customers
- Escalation point for both Collections Team and internal customers for query resolution
- Facilitate and support monthly Americas Business Unit specific accounts receivable reviews
- Ensure team reporting and all month-end required activities are completed accurately and on a timely basis according to the monthly, quarterly and year-end corporate closing calendar
- Promote a culture of continuous process improvement, establish measurable department/personal goals and measurable department performance metrics
- Ensure compliance with Corporate and Local credit policies and other compliance requirements such as Sarbanes Oxley
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Accounting, Business or related field)
- Qualified Member of Institute of Credit Management is preferred
- At least 6+ years of experience in collection management, trade or accounts receivable or a related area
- Excellent written, oral and phone communication skills in order to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Advanced Excel) is required
- Ability to extract data into Excel, organize the data (v-lookups/pivot tables) and provide reporting to senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel. Ability to identify areas of improvement, achieve team buy-in of the improvement and subsequent implementation of new processes. Proven success managing change, mentoring employees, and hiring and training new qualified staff. Past strong supervisory experience is required.
- Multi-task oriented, organized, with the ability to establish and manage the team’s priorities and deadlines. Must take extreme pride in one’s work. Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented with a sense of urgency and lead-by-example management style (player/coach) in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
- Will work on special projects concerning collections and other items involving or impacting accounts receivable and/or cash collections
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Americas Accounts Receivable and Collections Manager
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US