Sales Support Team Lead
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 206323
Position Title: Manager, Order Management
The role of the Sales Support Team is to assist the sales force in submitting completely accurate order data, and to identify all elements of a transaction for analysis. This team will work closely with sales teams and with the Order Management Group to ensure order transactions are understood and executed properly.
The team will be responsible for executing the Americas (US and Canada) order validation processes. The Sales Support team will interact with employees from across their assigned region and must participate in oral and written business level communications. In addition to the key areas of responsibility below, this role will also be responsible for the following additional duties:
- Provide day to day oversight, direction and support for Sales Support Team members
- Offer guidance to new Sales Support Team members and direct training as necessary
- Review and report on operations metrics
- Provide input and help facilitate the annual review process and periodic evaluations.
- Provide input on process improvements to the sales support function
- Work on special projects and ad hoc requests as directed by Americas CFO
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist Sales Teams in securing proper order documentation for execution into systems.
- Validate the accuracy of incoming orders. Make adjustments as needed.
- Audit order documents and ensure all necessary documents are executed and collected. Receive proper authorizations as required, check credit limits and when a deal closed, price quotes per P&L
- Ensure system configuration and pricing on purchase order is consistent with contract.
- Resolve issues that arise by leading discussions, determining facts, and applying policy.
- Review contract to determine all elements of the transaction. Add proper product ID’s to order for any bundled items (Subs, PS, Services, etc.)
- Identify all related orders to one transaction and create deal jacket.
- Input quotes as needed.
- Follow up on missing purchase orders for customers requiring process orders
- Invoicing requests form submission for billing and credit notes
- Determine invoicing requirements and work with outsourcer to invoice properly
- Review invoices for accuracy and deliver customer invoices, including portal input as needed
- Insure correctness of Company backlog file after monthly closing, identify errors and send requests for clean up
- Responsible for end to end invoicing for key accounts
Positions will require working non-traditional hours (other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., EST), to support the Americas sales force when needed. All positions will require overtime hours at the end of each month and quarter. At times, the environment can be stressful as work volumes increase at particular times of the year, and as demands from various groups need to be met. This is a team environment where team members are expected to back each other up and offer assistance when possible and where needed.
Candidate Requirements (Preference given to candidates who possess the majority of these skills)
- Prior experience leading or managing a team
- The ability to learn and execute complex tasks, demonstrated by the completion of a Bachelors degree program in business, accounting, or finance (preferred), or through relevant work experience.
- Must understand the principles of multiple element accounting and be able to apply those principles to the review and handling of order transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead problem solving activity.
- The ability to manage stress without it negatively effecting work quality or professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, or the ability to learn and master these tools.
- Excellent organization skills and a high level of comfort handling details.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, all order related software and system tools.
- Excellent work attendance records and habits.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand customer contracts, corporate policies, and miscellaneous order documentation.
- Initiates and builds relationships with people in an open friendly accepting manner.
- Client oriented – works to anticipate internal and external client needs and has an overriding commitment to clients satisfaction.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Support Team Lead
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US