Senior Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206300
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Sr. Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
As a Security Sr. Software Engineer / Architect, you will play a key role in architecting and developing network and security-related features and enhancements. This is an Engineering position, which will provide for Research and Development activities in the Gateway and TDGSS areas for Teradata Database. You will work in close collaboration with an existing team of world class Architects and Developers. You will have responsibility for design and implement new Gateway and TDGSS features for Teradata Database. This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of the networking and security features required to use data platforms, data warehouses and client tooling. The person is this role will possess technical knowledge and experience in software design and development, good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff.
Teradata Database Engineering is seeking an experienced Database development engineer to join our Security/Gateway/TDGSS team. As a member of this team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members of the team to design and implementation various network and security-related features and enhancements.
This is a hands-on position in which you will be part of a small agile team consisting of talented C, C++ and Java developers, designing and developing from conception through to delivery utilizing the latest tools and technology.
- 10 years of industry experience.
- Strong UNIX/Linux and Windows skills
Programming skills in C, C++, Java, .NET is a must.
- Strong core C++ design and development experience.
- Strong IP networking fundamentals and experience in the application of IP protocols
- Strong understanding of algorithms, statistics, and advanced data structures.
- Server-side Enterprise Java, and Client-side JDBC, ODBC and other connectivity tools.
- Spring framework (Spring IOC / JDBC) is a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with networking standards and protocols including GSS-API, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with open source technologies such as OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, Xerces, etc.
- Unit testing frameworks
- Advocate of Agile development methodologies is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on Experience with GitHub builds
- Hands-on Experience with Cloud computing and Cloud Security
- This position is located in El Segundo or San Diego, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the entrepreneurial nature of the team.
Experience and Education:
- MS/PhD degree in computer science/engineering or related field plus 5 years industry. -or- BS in CS/CE plus 10 years industry experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer – Security / Gateway
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US