System Support Engineer
Location: Lahore, Punjab PK
Requisition Number: 206296
Position Title: System Support Field Engineer II
- Teradata technical support delivered through remotely and onsite including hardware & software fault resolution and software installation.
- Teradata Support and Engineering is based on a proactive service philosophy and requires constant focus on the customer’s needs and an excellent service delivery. This is a very demanding and yet rewarding position.
• The successful candidate will be required to take part in 7x24 on call covering Teradata customers. This will involve on site presence to address customer faults and apply preventive maintenance. System installations, preventative maintenance and Hardware/Software upgrades will also be included.
• Account Management of both Business Critical and Premier level Teradata customers, being the prime point of contact with the accounts and the ‘owner’ of all activities within these accounts. This will involve preparing for monthly/quarterly customer meetings. Discuss with customers current and future software releases and the current known problems. End to end ownership of problems and regularly updating customers.
Education & Experience:
Minimum graduate in CS, Engineering or any other related subjects.
- At least 2-3 years of hands on experience on Enterprise system environment having database on Linux with large Storage arrays.
- Hands on experience on disk arrays like LSI and Netapps etc.
- Working experience on Backup Software like Netbackup/Veritas.
- Sql Skill and knowledge of database is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SUSE Linux.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
- Experience in Customer Account Management and the confidence to present in front of customer in high pressure situation.
- Must be self-motivated and have the confidence to take the ownership of key Teradata customers.
- Experience in Cloud computing and VMWare is preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: System Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lahore, Punjab PK