Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206279
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (III)
Location: San Diego, CA
As a member of Teradata's Deal Desk, you will have the opportunity to excel in the role of Pricing Analyst as you work with the Americas Sales team on deal development and analysis. The Pricing Analyst structures and evaluates customer deals by utilizing Teradata’s pricing tools and provides vital counsel to Deal Managers, Account Teams and Sales Management on product offerings, pricing options, contract terms and conditions, competition, and price negotiation techniques. You will conduct bid reviews and provide or secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, you will help to win business and increase profitability by building and evaluating pricing proposals and making educated recommendations. In close cooperation with Deal Managers, you will work cross-functionally with the Account Teams, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions across the company. The position reports to the Global Pricing Lead and will work out of our HQ in San Diego, CA.
- Effectively create and assess bid pricing with the ability to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Work closely with Deal Managers to support a Teradata sales organization
- Provide price structuring and scenario analysis in alignment to a sales strategy
- Interact daily with Account Teams often offering pricing and accounting guidance, upholding company governance, and business consulting on deals
- Participate on Deal Desk projects and present findings to Teradata Leadership
- Take ownership in creating and improving tools and processes used by Deal Desk
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Consolidate opportunity pricing and prepare revenue recognition analysis
- Evaluate business terms and conditions to ensure they are in line with Teradata policy
- Work within Salesforce to complete appropriate approvals
- Capture and report bid results and metrics
- Monitor price and cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related work experience
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Knowledge of web-based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Prior experience in finance, technology, pricing, solutions engineering or sales-support roles
- Knowledge of data warehousing and cloud
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US