Senior Network Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206254
Position Title: Network Engineer (IV)
The Senior Network Engineer will work with other engineers to design, implement, monitor, and maintain the global enterprise network, with a focus on data center, office networking, and related services. You must possess a high level of technical expertise and be able to work with other technical teams, development teams, and support teams to support business objectives.
In addition to supporting the enterprise network this position will also provide LAN and WAN services supporting our Teradata Lab environment. These services include our Cisco data network infrastructure. The Network engineer is responsible for rapidly changing Lab product requirements, planning, design, implementing, and engineering data networking solutions to meet Teradata Labs business requirements.
Strong interpersonal skills are important. The ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members is critical as is the ability to be focused and a self-starter.
This position is based out of our San Diego, CA office.
The new hire responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation and execution of complex network hardware configurations
• Collect, analyze, and use data related to the production network infrastructure for troubleshooting and enhancement
• Capacity planning and providing best practices
• Developing repeatable processes for execution of common functions for execution by support teams
• Contribute as a Solution Architect to technical and business projects
• Serve as tier 3 escalation support and provide solutions to improve efficiencies
• Participate in rotating on-call support
• Traffic Management (QoS, CoS, Shaping, Compression, BGP etc.)
• LAN, WAN and wireless transports/networks
• Client, server, application, and cloud interactions with local and wide-area networks
• Coordinate administrative project activities, including scheduling, tracking, reporting, and change management.
• Maintain technical documentation Required Skills
• Understanding of TCP/IP network technologies (subnets, routing, troubleshooting).
• Solid Understanding of data networking concepts troubleshooting.
• Previous experience designing and implementing solutions for LAN/WAN and Wi-Fi in large global enterprise environments.
• Detailed understanding that includes: TCP/IP routing protocols, MPLS, NAT, DNS, firewall policies, geo-load balancing, VPN technologies, switching, Security, QoS, Wi-Fi, Network Management and Monitoring Software
• Proven ability to research, develop, implement and streamlining processes/procedures for executing data network projects on a global scale
• In depth experience with Cisco enterprise grade products
• Data center architecture including familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. Cisco Nexus SAN switching, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
• Need to be detailed-quality oriented.
• Ability to be a team player, adaptive to organization structure.
• Self-initiative, being able to work independently through problem to resolution
• Be available for after-hours support.
• Independent problem-solving skills providing technical expertise and recommendations in resolving connectivity issues.
Nice to have Skills
• F5 Load Balancer
• Palo Alto Firewall Administration
• Juniper VPN
• Network security experience
Desired Education/Experience to perform the function:
• BS in Computer Science, MIS or combination of education and experience or equivalent
• 7 – 10 years experience in following areas:
o Cisco Nexus
o Cisco product line with WAN IOS command structure.
o Global network footprint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Project Management Experience desired
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US