Senior Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 206221
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Sr Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Do you describe yourself as a creative thinker and a person who can hit the ground running? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! As part of our growing cloud team in Bellevue, you’ll build, own and manage various cloud services. Whether a new feature or a microservice, you’ll use modern methodologies and open source tools in an Agile environment to drive design, implementation, testing, and release.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Senior Staff Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about building innovative cloud services. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services.
- Be a Technical lead for a scrum team and drive the service design and development.
- Design, Implement and Operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure end-to-end cloud service.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs, and the backend support.
- Using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and application design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Detail oriented and strong leadership skills.
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Understanding of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, and Backbone)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Experience in databases, data warehousingand high performance computing environments.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP).
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our beautiful Bellevue, Washington campus, in one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US