Senior Accounting Manager, Consolidations
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 206217
Position Title: Senior Manager, Accounting
The Senior Accounting Manager, Consolidations is responsible for the overall aspects of the company’s corporate consolidation process, preparation of internal financial statements, oversight of ERP centralized master accounting data (such as Chart of Accounts), ownership of corporate general accounting and adherence to all internal controls. Manage the administration of all financial controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Assist in the administration of the company’s annual financial compliance activities, including annual financial audit, annual Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 certifications, interactions with internal and outside auditors/advisors and quarterly sub-certifications and certifications.
- Monitor policies over financial and accounting internal control.
- Administers uniform accounting systems for general accounting purposes.
- Assures that financial and accounting records are prepared, maintained, and reported timely in accordance with generally accepted principles as well as with all applicable laws and regulations and that all ledgers reconcile. Responsibility includes direct over sight of corporate accounting operations.
- Manage the world wide accounting consolidation process
- Provides financial analyses, reports, and advice to management personnel and other key internal and external customers.
- Maintains a high level of diplomacy for both internal and external customer contact.
- Liaison with internal auditors and external counsel and auditors, as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of accounting master data such as general ledger chart of accounts, organization codes and financial statement hierarchy.
- Ability to manage, direct and mentor accounting staff.
- Assist Director of Consolidations, Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer as directed.
- Ability to work closely with senior and executive level management
- Certified Public Accountant qualification required
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field, Masters Degree preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant public accounting and/or relevant experience.
- Strong track record of leading and managing public company accounting departments
- Ability to work closely with internal outside advisors/auditors
- Understanding and working knowledge of ERP accounting environments/systems, preferably Oracle
- Operational accounting and efficiency; process automation experience
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple projects involving internal and external staff and consultants
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accounting Manager, Consolidations
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US