Director, Deal Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206178
Position Title: Director, Deal Desk
Director, Deal Management - Americas
Location: San Diego, CA
The Deal Management Director is the pricing leader for Teradata in the Americas region. The position is responsible for managing a team of Deal Managers who support the Teradata sales force in structuring the commercials for large multi-million opportunities. In addition to detailed pricing and P&L analysis, the Deal Manager and his/her team provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, run bid reviews, as well as contracting for special terms and then provide and secure bid approval and execution of contracts as required. On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Region VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability. Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Global Head of Deal Management.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data, and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Capable of understanding Teradata analytic technology, to find the customer value and competitive position that drives price in opportunities for customer use of Teradata products and services.
- Creative thinker able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness and protect current and future price realization.
- Develop improved pricing processes and pricing tools that improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting and revenue recognition policy.
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train others and to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Able to travel globally
- Sales oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
Experience in Finance, Marketing, Services or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and competition
- Prior competitive or pricing experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Deal Management
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US