Senior Manager, Cloud DevOps
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206162
Position Title: Senior Manager, DevOps Engineering
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with Data and Analytics in the Cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their Analytics needs with Cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
We’re looking for Cloud DevOps Senior Manager to work in our Teradata Cloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. In this role, you will be center to helping automate and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• Promote and establish DevOps culture and practices
• Automation is in your DNA
• Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
• Comfortable collaborating and working with distributed teams
• Help design and operate highly available software and infrastructure in large distributed and virtual environments
• Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience automating the delivery of code (SDLC) and infrastructure in production Cloud environments
• Strong code/scripting skills in Linux environment
• Experience in open source/stack technologies
• Experience and knowledge of software development, deployment and testing methodologies
• Experience working in a Private and Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) environments.
• Experience working with and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and virtualization technologies, such as VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience using one or more Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraforms.
• Experience working with one or more Test and Build systems such as Jenkins, Selenium, Maven, or Ant
• Experience in Scrum and Agile methodologies and principles.
• US permanent residence.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• 8+ years technical experience in large scale Cloud environment supporting customer facing products and services.
• 5+ years management experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Cloud DevOps
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US