Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206155
Position Title: Managed Services II
Job Title: Network Ops Engineer
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
- The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for design, implement and operate the Cloud Network in support of data warehouse leveraging hybrid cloud platforms.
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the network, third party software support.
- Understanding all kind of Network Integration among On Premise & Public Cloud.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers.
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Support the Cloud Network for new customer onboarding – VPN, Virtual networks, Subnet, CIDR.
- Understanding client’s existing On-Premise Network architecture, VLAN, security.
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key network resources.
- Enable third party products connectivity with data warehouse on Public Cloud platform.
- Working with distributed teams.
- System and IT Network Operations .
- Real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution for all Network related issues.
- Participate in varied projects and assist in resolving issues.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
- Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN/VXLAN, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as MPLS connectivity/architecture.
- Experience with Router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Experience of evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Good to have on experience with all AWS Network Services i.e. VPC, NACL, SG, Load Balancer,Direct Connect, Private Link , Route Tables
- Should have experience in setting UP VPN Tunnel, VPC Peering, AWS Private Link
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS along with Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud technologies
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Asible)
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios
- Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, VPN, and P2P, preferably in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include Nexus 9/7/5/2k, ASR 1k and 9k, vPC, OTV, and VDC configuration.
- Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- 5+ years of extensive hands on networking and troubleshooting experience in large, distributed product / SaaS environments.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of relevant job experience
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Professional
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN