General Ledger Accounting Senior Analyst - Latam
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR
Requisition Number: 206145
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (II)
Job Title: General Ledger Senior Accounting Analyst Latam
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Career Interest: Accounting & Finance
Organization: CFO (Controller's Group)
Travel Percentage: <25%
The senior accounting analyst essentially functions as an assistant controller for the Latam region; responsible for the approval of journal entries to the general ledger as well as the reconciliation and reporting of financial results. This involves working closely with various departments such as the Outsourced General Ledger team, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Consolidations, Treasury, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Receivables, and Payables, to ensure proper accounting of subledger activities and related adjustments. Additionally, the analyst works with local controllership within each six Latin American countries: Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, México and Perú
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversight of General Ledger (G/L) accounting activities performed by outsourcing partner
- Drive monthly close cycle and supplemental reporting process
- Approval of manual journal entry requests
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Consolidation of Supplemental Reporting Packages
- Revenue Roll Forward Report
- Consolidation of Detail Inventory Reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliation QA process
- Manage Risk Review Process
- Participate in Trial Balance Review Process with the various CLA countries
- Analysis and resolution of routine accounting issues
- Various special projects (heavily involved in system upgrades and convergence)
- Ad hoc responsibilities including support for internal/external auditors
- Accounting Degree
- Advanced- level proficiency in English language (or higher)
- At least 5 years prior work experience within a general ledger team, preferably at a senior analyst level.
- Systems aptitude is a requirement for this position. Ideal experience includes working knowledge of Oracle GL, Inventory, and other subledger applications, Hyperion Financial Management, Workday Revenue Management, and proficiency in using SAP Business Objects.
- Strong understanding of inventory and revenue accounting.
- Expert Microsoft Excel user; able to handle complex functions, pivot tables, and working with high volumes of data
- Spanish/English advanced spoken and written level
Additional skills and attributes for this position are as follows:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement
- Quick learner and self-directed
- Works well within a team
- Strong oral and written communications.
- USGAAP knowledge is highly desired
City: Buenos Aires
State: Buenos Aires
Community / Marketing Title: General Ledger Accounting Senior Analyst - Latam
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires AR