Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Location: Frankfurt, Hesse DE
Requisition Number: 206120
Position Title: Technology Consulting IV
Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Data Engineers define the architecture and design of data ingestion and ETL / ELT processing to meet functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. They are broadly aligned with the Data Acquisition & Integration sub-practice. Data Engineers will generally be expected to be “T-shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and to be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Clarify the client’s business problem for data analysis.
- Participate in requirements and design workshops with our clients.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements.
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data.
- Develop project deliverable documentation
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects, as well as supporting new business development
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Proven experience with common analytical database systems from vendors such as Teradata, Oracle as well as Data Warehouse, Data Marts and other analytical database concepts
- Experience collecting user requirements and ability to understand complex business needs then translate them into BI application solutions
- Experience in performing data analysis and data quality analysis
- Understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with traditional BI platforms, Analytical Databases (like Teradata, Oracle), ETL tools (like ODI, Informatica), Reporting tools (like SAP BusinessObjects)
- Experience with Teradata tools and utilities (bteq, multiload, fastexport etc)
- Experience in designing and developing data warehouses or analytical data marts
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements and optimizing Teradata SQL, reading and understanding Teradata query-plans
- Ability to tune the database model performance for analytical queries
- Practical knowledge of CASE tools (like Erwin Modeler, Power Designer)
- Working experience with Unix (Unix shell scripts, Perl, Awk)
- Experience in testing BI systems
This will be a plus:
- Teradata database proven knowledge (previous experience, certificates)
- Experience in analyzing large sets of data (like Hadoop ecosystem tools, SAS)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frankfurt, Hesse DE