Jr Data Engineer
Location: Lahore, Punjab PK
Requisition Number: 206100
Position Title: Technology Consulting I+
Junior Data Engineer
Up to 2 Years
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze and develop data solutions based on customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to understand different architectures.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field experience.
- Good RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills.
- Experience/knowledge of data integration.
- knowledge of Data Modeling and data mapping.
- Good Data warehouse concepts.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Spark.
- Basic knowledge/experience with any Hadoop distributions.
- Experience on any of one development or scripting languages e.g. Java, Groovy or Python.
- Training/Certification on any Hadoop distribution will be a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
Community / Marketing Title: Jr Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lahore, Punjab PK