Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206091
Position Title: Systems Architect (IV)
The Salesforce Architect, reporting to the Director of Sales, Marketing, & Consulting Technology, will be accountable for the architecture and standards of Teradata’s Force.com platform. Teradata continues to make great progress on a transformational journey involving change in the organization, processes, and systems. The Salesforce platform is currently used by over 2,400 members of the Teradata team. Several strategic initiatives are in flight involving the mastering of product data, the management of renewals, account planning, deal desk, and capabilities for configuring, pricing, and quoting. We expect to soon launch FinancialForce and roll it out to over 8,000 users. As the platform matures additional initiatives involving the Marketing and Customer Support & Service organizations are being kicked-off. We desire an experienced technology leader and change catalyst to help drive us forward in the Force platform space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business units (Sales, Consulting, Marketing, Customer Support & Services) and IT colleagues (Applications, Enterprise Architecture) to establish appropriate, robust solutions on the Force platform taking into consideration constraints such as budget, timeline, expertise, etc.
- Assist in defining requirements and mapping Salesforce features to business processes.
- Actively participate in SDLC processes related to Discovery (Analysis, Requirements Gathering, etc.), Implementation (Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Migrate, etc.) and Support, including documentation of relevant deliverables (e.g., business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets).
- Provide oversight to ensure highest quality of development and configuration work.
- Responsible for the overall design and development of Salesforce solutions.
- Serve as system administrator for the Salesforce platform handling all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, generating reports and dashboards, executing systems workflows and other routine tasks that help monitor the health of the system.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Responsible for overall setup, operation and maintenance of the Salesforce platform.
- Define and establish integrations between Salesforce and other systems/applications (e.g., Oracle ERP, ServiceNow, Workday, AppExchange applications, etc.) using native and 3rd party integration tools such as Informatica.
- Provide expertise on platform and solution security.
- Work with the IT and business unit leadership, including Operations, Applications, and Program Management, in establishing roadmaps, proof-of-concepts, etc. to promote Salesforce as a key solution platform.
- Subject matter expert for the Salesforce platform - stay up to date on new Salesforce offerings and trends.
- Assist in training IT colleagues and members of the business on Salesforce solutions and platform capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a large, complex, global, publicly-traded company with a significant license footprint on Salesforce.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce Architect.
- Minimum 10+ years of software engineering experience, including at least 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator and Developer.
- Experience with FinancialForce a huge plus.
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven change leadership skills; challenges traditional way of doing things; influences across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment.
- Experience influencing, and presenting to, senior IT and business stakeholders.
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines is preferred.
- Salesforce certification as Technical Architect, Application Architect, or System Architect.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Salesforce Architect
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US