Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206065
Position Title: Managed Services I+
Position Title: Teradata DBA
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- He should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Review Teradata system reports and provide “performance assessment” report with recommendations to optimize system.
- Investigate and quantify opportunities from “performance assessment” reports and apply best practices in each of the areas.
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- Performance Tuning for system and queries
- Review Performance assessment and provide optimization recommendations
- View Point Monitoring for identifying tuning opportunities
- Statistics Management and Optimization
- Optimal index analysis - Review Index usage on tables and recommend adding dropping indexes for optimal data access
- Compression – using various algorithms like MVC/ BLC/ ALC.
- Optimize locking statements in views, macros & queries to eliminate blocking contention among users
- Review the Spool Limits for the users and recommend optimal limit for the Ad-hoc users to avoid run away queries over consuming system resources.
- Check for Mismatch data types in the system and make them unique to avoid costly translations during query processing
- Review Set tables and check for the options to convert to MultiSet to avoid costly duplicate row checking operation
- Review Large Scan Tables on the system and analyze for using PPI, MLPPI, Compression, Secondary indexes & Join Indexes
- Fine tune various application parameters/number of sessions to ensure optimal functioning of the application.
- Analyze various applications and understand the space requirements and segregate the disk space under the categories of perm, spool and temp space
- Generate periodic performance reports using PDCR & Higa macros and identify bottlenecks with the system performance
- Establish PDCR canary performance baseline. Utilize standard canary queries to identify variance from baseline.
- Effective usage of TASM & Priority distribution to penalize the resource intensive queries, Give high priority to business critical workloads, Throttling of different workloads for optimal throughput and provide performance reports to check workload management health.
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistance etc.
- User/objects & access rights management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas NetBackup(TARA) / Netvault / Tivoli/ DSA etc.
- Exposure to manage the development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiload/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Engineering Graduate
- 2+ years of DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata or Oracle
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
Desirable Skills :-
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Operations DBA
Job Category: Services
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN