Senior Technical Associate
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206062
Position Title: Technology Consulting I+
Teradata has numerous positions available for staff consultant, consultant and senior consultant level data warehouse technical positions within the Teradata Global Consulting Center India organization. This is a project oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement.
Key Responsibilities :
This individual will be responsible for Business Intelligence solution design, integration, data sourcing and transformation, database design and development (logical / physical) and tool implementation related to data warehousing (responsibility level will be commensurate with the position level and will begin in a learning mode).
- Interface with other Teradata Professional Services consultants and Teradata engineering staff as needed to resolve complex technical issues
- Specify, demonstrate and scope Teradata solutions that deliver business value to the client / prospect.
- Transfer knowledge and expertise to other TERADATA professional services associates.
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Team Focus
- Works within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Projects are normally within the context of a solution team, internal team, or other TERADATA business units.
- Results Orientation
- Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Meets deadlines and produce high quality work
- Optimizes use of available resources
- Relationship Building
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner
- Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns
- Initiates and develops relationships with others
- Travel Will occur, but varies based on project assignment. Could be from 2-3 days a month to 6-12 months at a time, based on client need and geographical location
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or other related fields
- 3 - 5 years of IT Development Experience
- 3+ years of hands on design & development experience using Datastage
- 3+ years of Development experience with a minimum of one major RDBMS; such as Oracle, Teradata, IBM DB2
- Strong Analytical skills
- Client Service Oriented
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Innovative and Resourceful
- Analysis and Planning
- Managing Relationships
- Experience in handling a team
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Associate
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN