Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 206045
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
This position is for a Ph.D. in computer sciences not limiting to advanced research in the latest technologies in the field of computer sciences. He should be an incumbent with very strong technical knowhow on the latest advances in the field and be able to understand the traditional database technology software and be able to come up with research papers / POC / Projects that will benefit the database software in areas that are still untapped. He should possess the following capabilities and skills:
- Thought leadership for new database capabilities
- Bring latest advances in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and AI into database technology
- Advances in data sciences that can be leveraged in a traditional data management software
- Work with the architect’s team and drive research that will benefit the Teradata database
- Play the role of an academician and bridge the gap between theory and practicality of implementations
It is desirable for him/her to also possess the following skills
- Responsible for the development of new code in the complex area of the Teradata Optimizer.
- Ability to understand existing code which needs strong ‘C’ / ‘C++’skills.
- Excellent analytic abilities
- Ability to architect end-to-end features spanning multiple components
- Understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals.
- Be able to contribute to IP of the company by means of IDRs and patents
Education and Experience Requirements:
Ph.D in Computer Science.
Development experience required.
Strong C/C++ programming skills.
Should be comfortable with SQL(ANSI/Database specific)
Knowledge of Perl/Shell Scripting desirable.
Ability to work with Architects and Engineering Managers and translating concepts to products.
Teradata knowledge a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Ability to develop features and offerings of medium/high complexity spanning multiple areas
Research and architect new features/change requests.
Analyze optimizer bugs, design fix and unit test changes.
Individual Contributor & Technically lead research from high performing teams
Works as technical guide, works with other architects and reports to Engineering Manager
Research new areas applicable to the Teradata database, Requirements Analysis, Software Architecting, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing.
Strong academician with proven research skills
Well versed with Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning techniques, AI
Software development skills including software architecting, design specification, test specification, coding, testing.
Strong programming skills with C. Shell scripting and Perl programming a plus.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of Teradata/any other RDBMS
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Intern
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN