Consulting Director - SEA
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 206043
Position Title: Director, Consulting Leadership
Reporting to the Teradata VP Consulting APJ, the SEA Consulting Director is responsible for the development and growth of the Teradata SEA Consulting Services business. Responsibilities of the role include: Planning and strategy for the growth of the Consulting Services business, in consultation with the SEA Managing Director, and other members of the Consulting Services Management team.
- Expansion of the Teradata consulting services delivery capability, including hiring and staff development
- Teradata Consulting services; bidding, estimating, orders, revenue, costs and profit;
- Engagement planning, staffing, project resourcing, delivery execution and delivery quality;
- Client satisfaction and relationship management.
The SEA Consulting Director works in close collaboration with the Teradata Country Sales leaders and Teradata Consulting local Country Territory Leaders to ensure that the Teradata consulting service offerings are scoped, estimated, sold and implemented as profitable engagements that allow the customer to best exploit their Teradata Solution investments, and to further develop opportunities for growth. Responsible for Consulting strategy and execution in the Territory. Drive growth by closely partnering with Territory and Sales leadership to ensure Consulting capabilities aligned with Territory plan and account priorities, effective execution of sales engagement model, and consistent execution of Consulting operating model. Work with Consulting leads to ensure strategic alignment with company priorities.
The Teradata Consulting plans, organizes, and coordinates the long-range and day-to-day activities of the business, managing multiple, complex engagements, large project teams and internal support resources. This includes oversight accountability for a team of Teradata Consulting Consultants that may include Industry Consultants, Data Scientists, Architects, Data Engineers, Project Managers, and Off-shore resources, as well as Contractor, Partners, Centre of Excellence and Client resources.
Within the Teradata Consulting organization, the SEA Consulting Director has full operational responsibility for planning, finances/budget, end results, as well as for the development of forecasts for resource deployment, business process integration, change management and results tracking. The SEA Consulting director develops and executes the business plan and the business capabilities in terms of demand creation, service delivery, and resource management within the SEA geography.
The SEA Consulting Director will work closely with the capability Practice leaders (Customer Excellence, Architecture, Data Foundation, Industry Consulting, Data Science, Software Development) to recruit, develop, and retain Teradata consulting consultants and manage the services knowledge management strategy and initiatives, including revenue generation through pre-built Intellectual Property (IP) services offerings. The SEA Consulting Head provides advice and counsel to Teradata leadership on quality, process, profitability strategy, and resource requirements and also contributes to planning and policy development within areas of expertise as well as to the standards around which others will operate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Lead and support the Teradata Consulting business while facilitating continuous growth and profitability
- Execute the Teradata strategy and organisation business plan
- Accountable for service delivery, client satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
- Works within framework of the local and corporate policies.
- Develop and manage Consulting business plan for the Territory, as part of overall Territory business plan
- Member of Territory Leadership Team
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent, always having resources available at the right time with the appropriate skill set
- Maintain the appropriate balance of resources (Staff, Consultant, Senior) that allows for the appropriate cost model, staffing, utilization and billing of resources.
Sales Support & Business Development
- Responsible for Consulting team execution in the Territory, spanning Sales support through successful customer services delivery.
- Support Sales on account planning through account plan execution
- Accountable for effective execution of Sales engagement model in the Territory
- Direct involvement and support of the Territory’s most strategic sales opportunities and customer engagements
- Analyse alternatives and understand customer problems/needs across services continuum
- Build mutually beneficial relationships to establish and develop customer contacts
- Manage customer’s expectations of engagement and relationship with Teradata Delivery Management
- Ensure costs and headcount align with revenue plan and demand forecast; manage Consulting’s role in outlook process
- Ensure Consulting capabilities to successfully deliver on pre- and post-sales requirements to ensure a long term partnership with customers
- Manage the delivery of projects in the Teradata Consulting
- Manage the governance of projects Knowledge Capture and Reuse
- Lead and drive corporate change toward a knowledge enabled culture and organization
- Ensure effective collaboration by Consulting team members as required with all areas of Teradata (i.e. Sales, OSS, Finance, HR, etc)
- Support industry programs and business outcome selling through management of industry and business practice areas
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- P&L management of a professional services team of over 50 staff and revenues over $10M per year.
- 10 plus years IT industry or related experience, with an “IT worldly” perspective. Ideally, a career focus on Analytics, Information Management, business intelligence and data warehousing and a demonstrated command of core EIM concepts.
- Consulting experience with a vendor or consulting firm.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organisation
- Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex EIM or Analytics implementations.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Conceptual and functional understanding of EIM and Analytics consulting offers
- Experience managing a team of experienced consultants
- A completed and relevant tertiary qualification.
- Experience in working in a Vendor environment with sales teams and support staff.
- Experience in working with On- and Off-shore professional services delivery teams.
- Experience in other competitive products. Knowledge in DB2, Oracle, Analytics Appliances, to be able to draw comparisons with Teradata.
- One or more Industries experience, ideally in industries such as Finance, Retail and Telco Industries.
- Strong consultative, communicative, writing, and presentation skills.
- A people, customer and team skills orientation.
- A motivated, proactive, organized and “self-starting” attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation.
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Experience in high level solution architecture, design and implementation.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and/or partners.
- Experience identifying key business opportunities and initiatives, solutions and overall strategy for meeting business objectives.
- Ability to scope and create action plans through business needs analysis which include critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, business benefits, acceptable risk profiles, and success factors.
- Experience in capturing business opportunity insight and experiences, documenting lessons learned and best practices for re-use.
- Relevant references with whom Teradata can discuss the applicant’s potential suitability.
- Large team management and staff performance management experience.
- Budget management experience in an environment where cost/revenue ratios are a key measure.
- Operates with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence and coach others. High level of personal integrity.
- Have a proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Thinks strategically and laterally when making decisions and solving problems.
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Team focus - works with a sales team, capability Practices and shared services support teams where results are based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work. Optimises available resources.
- Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others.
- Travel – expected in the order of 40% of time travelling across the Greater China Territory to support sales initiatives, business reviews and clients as required.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting Director - SEA
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG