Senior Digital Copywriter
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206041
Position Title: Content Marketing Writer (III)
The Senior Digital Copywriter will write new and edit existing web, blog, social media, SEO, banner and other copy related to Teradata.com digital properties and initiatives.
- Research, write and edit original website, blog, social, and other digital content.
- Write clear and persuasive copy for banner ads, landing pages, eblasts, websites, and other forms of digital advertising.
- Work with teams to develop and completed the digital marketing content matrix blueprint.
- Provide thoughts on original content ideas that will help support thought leadership positioning, provide a good user experience, help drive organic traffic from search engines, engage readers and encourage them to move down the customer journey / purchase funnel.
- Experience with campaign optimization / optimize copy for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
- Partner with digital designers and strategists to ensure that content, visual and SEO/SEM are aligned for all campaigns.
- Understanding the voice, messaging and current strategy of existing customers and learn about their industry to produce well-rounded, strategic, engaging copy for Teradata key personas.
- Develop integrated campaigns and concepts that flow through website copy and campaign landing pages.
- Work with Teradata’s creative/web team to explore and develop unique ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements of content.
- Create copy and present storyboards ideas.
- Work with creative team to fully develop the advertising campaign.
- Update digital media with timely content.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by client and creative team.
- Manage and maintain content; track changes and maintain version control.
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong writing, editing and research skills.
- Intermediate understanding and knowledge of how to apply SEO/campaign optimization strategies
- Ability to work with diverse teams with diverse needs.
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously with many moving parts.
- Hands-on understanding of online marketing including web, blogging, online advertising and search.
- Ability to follow visual brand guidelines, art direction, and collaborate with designers and developers as necessary.
- Has an inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn.
- Skills in providing clear creative client direction and timely, helpful feedback to keep campaign work on budget and schedule.
- 5+ years of experience working with content writing specifically related to digital marketing and communications.
- Must be SEO-savvy, digitally savvy and write with performance in mind.
- Experience juggling multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to participate in phone conferences at potentially inconvenient times in order to accommodate our international audiences
- BFA/BA/BS in Marketing, Comm or related field. Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience using content management systems, (Kentico), multi-language translation & cultural distinction and analytic platforms (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Celebrus, Google Analytics) is a plus.
- Experience in an international environment; must have sensitivities to local culture, language variations), ability to work well with—and garner support from—many different people from many different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders in a customer service-oriented environment
- Experience within a B2B environment strongly preferred
- Must be flexible and able to think outside the box
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Digital Copywriter
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US