Service Experience Practice Lead
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 206028
Position Title: Sr Manager Service Experience
Service Experience Practice Lead
Job Requisition No: 206028
The Services Experience Practice Lead role is a part of the global and region Service Experience Management (SEM) team and will manage the SEM Team. The Service Experience Practice Lead primary function is to lead by example to establish and drive best practice into SEM team within a defined geography. A secondary function is to ensure each practice is executing according to required Managed Services (MS) practice standards and KPI's. This role also involves an aspect of working closely with the wider Teradata organisation including the Account team to support them in the selling and growing of Managed Services offering, managing the Managed Services delivery resources as well as revenue and Gross Margin targets.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a customer-focused environment
- 10+ years’ experience working in a technology company in a technical capacity
- 3+ years’ experiences in building an SEM practice and team within the given geography
- 3+ years experiences in Managed Services business management (or related) and delivery operation management
- Strong leadership leading a practice implementation and execution.
- Prior experience with driving operational excellence at SaaS or data warehouse company
- High-level technical knowledge of data warehouse products and services
- Influential and collaborative with a cross-functional diverse workforce
- Ability to prioritize and perform effectively in a highly dynamic work environment
- Effectively grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, process-driven mindset, and resourcefulness
- Effective at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Strategic thinker with vision and the ability to identify granular details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Strong client management and change management skills
- Passionate about customer success
- Ability to drive successful delivery teams that continually evolve and improve our ability to execute on time and above expectations
- Close working relationship with Local or/and Global Delivery centre (GDC) management team in relation to review and approval of delivery personnel for the managed services project/s
Main Tasks & Key Responsibilities
Manage and Grow Managed Services (MS) Business and leading SEM Team
- Involve and contribute to define and deploy MS Business growth selling strategy and initiatives to deliver assigned business and operational targets.
- Responsible for managing and growing MS Practice and managing delivery resources with revenue and gross margin targets.
- Work closely with Services Account Manager and Go to Market team in identifying leads and opportunity for MS selling as well as drive Tcore/ARR growth.
- Have aspects of influencing/leading/driving Services Account Manager (SAM) in growing MS business selling.
- Responsible for building and leading an SEM team and Practice.
- P&L management for the project/accounts assigned
- Gross Margin management for projects/accounts assigned
Deploy and Implement SEM Practice
- Work closely with Global and Region SEM practice function, management to ensure latest best practice is deployed and adopted
- Serve as point of escalation/coordination for local SEM and work with Global/Region SEM function and relevant stakeholder for resolution.
- Evaluate market/customer requirement and trend, develop SEM operation plan and present to management team including global/region team for review and execution.
- Monthly review of defined geographic’s SEM practice execution result and KPIs
- Periodically present execution result, action plans, recommendations and challenges/opportunity plan for continuous improvement and management review (Global/Region/Geo management).
Drive Operational Excellence
- Assess customer analytical environment based on business and technical needs, and provide recommendations to drive improved performance, consumption and customer ROI
- Actively manage operational risk through proactive actions and insights
- Facilitate collaboration and joint planning between Teradata services teams through the creation of a services community focused around customer experience
- Maintain client-related knowledge and share as needed with internal teams
Manage Service Account
- Provide a single point of contact for Teradata Services and third-party vendors that form part of our solution offering
- Build a trusted-advisor relationship with customer teams, both executive and operational
- Liaise with SMEs for technical information as needed for tactical and strategic operations
- Manage proactive services and execution against contractual SLAs
- Identify customer onboarding and training needs and advise on trainings to improve utilization and value
Manage and Track Customer Satisfaction
- Improve the customer experience by driving cross-functional process improvements within Teradata and with customers
- Articulate customer business needs to cross-functional organizations to improve, enhance existing offers or to create new services offers
- Proactively survey 360-degree view of customer experience and determine ways to improve customer satisfaction
- Consolidate and report customer results and forecasts
Manage Incidents and Events
- Serve as a focal point for communication and incident management during critical events
- Manage customer escalations cross-departmentally with communications to Teradata Executive Management
- Oversee post-critical event reviews focused on root cause analysis and corrective actions
Manage Service Delivery
- Evaluate and communicate KPIs and system metrics, SLA achievement, and develop value-driven joint-roadmap activities via technical and executive reviews
- Prepare and execute customer success plan to achieve customer desired outcomes
- Drive self-service/best-in-class capabilities to predict and address operational challenges
Provide Technical Advice
- Provide ongoing, high-level technical leadership and align services mission and strategy for customers across multiple Teradata service organizations
- Oversee provision of best practice guidance for managing environments and system change activities
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Service Experience Practice Lead
Job Category: Services
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU