Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 206009
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
The Software Engineer is part of an agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software systems. The Software Engineer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. Daily responsibilities and duties are to architect, design and build systems delivering business outcomes through close collaboration with the customer and definition of business SLA’s, associated functional and non-function requirements and high-value analytic technology solutions. Analytics systems and applications will be designed and delivered from a business defined base (SLA’s, functional and non-function requirements), consuming and exploit data from various data sources, with a focus on enabling analytics at scale and on creating customer - and industry-specific analytic applications.
Key skills and relevant technologies include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Analytic application architecture and design
- Analytical data set data modeling, database, and pipeline design
- Frontend and backend application development and implementation derived from business/industry led outcomes and built to leverage open source and commercial platform offerings including horizontally-scalable mobile and Web-based analytic solutions
- Design, development, support, and maintenance of frameworks, custom analytic API's, BI/BA interfaces, analytics specific data transformation pipelines and applications that solve high-value business problems for our customers
- Identification of emerging analytic technologies and development of relevant next-practice
- Object-oriented software engineering and programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, and C++), emerging analytic tools and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow), scripting languages and related libraries (e.g. Python/Pandas), virtualization and containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, MS Azure)
- Agile methods, AnalyticsOps, DevOps and testing / QA
- SQL / RDBMS technologies (e.g. Teradata), Hadoop ecosystem technologies (e.g. HIVE, HBase, Phoenix), message bus and broker technologies, real-time data pipeline and streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kylo, Listener), high-performance data processing platforms (e.g. SPARK, Flink, Samsa, Akka), scripting languages and related libraries (e.g. Python/Pandas), computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, UNIX).
EU Citizenship or CZ permanent residency is required.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks of on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Multisport Card
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Life insurance
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Employee stock purchase program
- A contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ