Commercial Solution Engineer
Location: HONG KONG, Kowloon City HK
Requisition Number: 205998
Position Title: Solutions Engineers III
The Solution Engineer (SE) is an expert technologist, responsible for promoting Teradata solutions to customers and prospects and for establishing and developing trusted advisor status relationships in a target account from the DBA to the CIO.Â A T-shaped professional, the SE understands Teradata technology intimately and also has a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of relevant partner and competitor analytic technologies. The SE is a hands-on professional with demonstrable expertise in architecting, designing and delivering analytic data platforms who is as comfortable giving a technical demonstration or in providing specific and relevant advice and guidance on how a new feature should be deployed in a customers particular environment as they are in delivering presentations to senior business leaders. In addition, the SE is committed to life-long learning and personal development and is also committed to sharing hard-won knowledge and expertise with peers and the wider Teradata organization.
Successful candidates will -
- Be assigned to selected target accounts and partner with the Account Executive to define a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan;
- Understand and document the clientâ€™s â€œas isâ€ analytical ecosystem architecture and define a â€œto beâ€ architecture that addresses client strategy and requirements, supports the growth of the Teradata platform and mitigates competitive threats;
- Drive sales and usage of Teradata software and services by acting as a trusted technical advisor to the client;
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle;
- Work with the extended account team to identify new workloads that can be brought to the platform and opportunities to leverage new features and functions to optimize existing workloads; be accountable for customer success;
- Deal with ambiguity and propose creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions based on his/her experience and expertise where only partial information is available to him/her;
- Work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses;
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out of solutions to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded and in order to understand the real-world strengths and weaknesses of Teradata solution offerings; ensure that appropriate learning is captured, best-practices are updated and that feedback is provided to the product and engineering teams, as required;
- Continuously develop own consulting and technology skills and ensure that he/she stays abreast of the relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new competitive threats;
- Share hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 6+ years hands-on experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions and services.
- At least 6+ years hands-on experience in Teradata product and service delivery.
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one Data warehouse or Database technology (hardware and software) (e.g.: Teradata, Oracle, etc);
- Be a clear and confident communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese);
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Information Engineering or a related discipline.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Be familiar with Teradata technology (Vantage software, IFX hardware, services, etc.)
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Banking, Telecom, etc) ;
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Have management experience who can think from management prospective.
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other programming language;
- Be familiar with at least one analytic tool (e.g Excel BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Be familiar with different Operating platform environment (eg. VM, Linux and Windows)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Master degree such as MBA who can communicate with C-level customer
- Self-discipline and able to work well in high-pressure environment
- A fast learner and will to learn new technology.
- Ability to well communicate with different people from different department.
City: HONG KONG
State: Kowloon City
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: HONG KONG, Kowloon City HK