Federal Healthcare Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 205996
Position Title: Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery
Government Systems Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery
The Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery leads key client engagements and PS practice initiatives (e.g., solution or offer based) for Teradata Government customers working with virtual customers, partners, and staff in disparate locales. The Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery leads, manages, coordinates, and supports the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective. The Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery works with the Sales Account Team to create and execute the business plan and develop the area’s capabilities in terms of demand creation and service delivery. The Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery manages a team of billable consultants and subcontractors, and is responsible for engagement planning, engagement staffing, execution, quality, and client satisfaction.
Overall job purpose
- Oversees delivery of core infrastructure consulting projects sold to client around the installed base
- Manages resource needs, proficiency, development, and delivery
- Participates in the sales process, taking a lead role on project expansions and extensions
- Manages client relationships to create promoters within the account
- Partners with account relationship lead on account planning and strategy
- Works with overall account team to identify sales opportunities, and helps to manage issues and coordinate project efforts related to the technology and service delivery
- Manage Government Systems consultants, including; performance reviews, career development, training plans, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Significant technical project/program management experience, particularly in a data warehousing and analytics environment
- Strong technical expertise in relevant areas including Teradata data warehousing and analytics
- Personnel management experience
Customer relationship management experience
- Sales experience, particularly in services
- Financial management experience sufficient to run profitable consulting engagements
- Extensive resource management and team development experience
- Experience with virtual customer and project support, and team management
- Oversees overall project planning and execution for all current core infrastructure projects at a client; plans and manages project scheduling and sequencing
- Supervises a group of Project Managers who manage projects on a day to day basis
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders, seeking to build strong client promoters to build pipeline of future work
- Actively develops opportunities to expand and extend current projects
- Communicates project status to all project stakeholders through status meetings and reports
- Regularly meets with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Coaches and develops Project Managers and Consultants
- Manages process of scoping, planning, costing, and pricing new projects
- Develops Statements of Work for new projects; defines goals and objectives, client requirements, resources needed, budget, risks, and deliverables
- Works with available resources to staff projects appropriately
- Ensures proper internal management systems are adhered to, including time, to facilitate accurate reporting
- Manage resources in a remote/virtual support environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience
- Continuous education in business strategies, design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies
- Significant experience with Teradata Services offerings
- Proven record of eight years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage a successful business and P&L
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, or marketing and sales, with a proven ability and record of success
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata, and consulting services
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success
- Minimum of five years’ experience with Teradata, big data technologies, and/or analytics
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 40% is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Federal Healthcare Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US