IT Audit Intern
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 205993
Position Title: Intern-Finance (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September 2020. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value-added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis.
We are seeking candidates to intern with our global Enterprise Risk group as part of the Internal Audit team. Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value-added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis. The ideal candidate will be part of a team focused on building relationships with key Company leaders, assessing risks, acting as a consultant as needed on process design and optimization as well as documenting, assessing and testing financial and operational processes and controls across the Company. This candidate must possess a strong personality because they will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
- Participate in audits related to a variety of business activities, processes, and operations
- Execute audit programs and document related work to evaluate internal controls related to IT risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Perform thorough and in-depth audit reviews, reflecting a knowledge of IT controls, and the business systems which support the business activities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, fostering open communications, facilitating and influencing
- Make judgments based on observations and supporting information
- Multitask and work on various audits and projects in different phases
Travel is estimated at approximately 10-20% during the internship. The candidate will be based in Peachtree Corners and travel to audits or projects as needed.
- In the process of obtaining BS or BA degree in Accounting, MIS, Information Security or other relevant business disciplines with a graduation date between 12/2020 and 8/2022.
- Self-motivation, determination, and confidence
- Basic understanding of audit function, risk, and standards such as SOX
- Travel up to 20%
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong attention to details, critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
- Completion of coursework relevant to audit or Information Security profession
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Audit Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US