Director, Deal Management
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 205990
Position Title: Director, Deal Desk
The Director, Deal Management is the pricing leader for Teradata in the EMEA region. The position is responsible for managing a team of Pricing Analysts who support the Teradata sales force in structuring the commercials for large multi-million opportunities. In addition to detailed pricing and P&L analysis, the Pricing Manager and his/her team provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, run bid reviews, then provide and secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Region VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability. Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Director, Global Pricing and Bid Management.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data, and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Capable of understanding Teradata analytic technology, to find the customer value and competitive position that drives price in opportunities for customer use of Teradata products and services.
- Creative thinker able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness and protect current and future price realization.
- Develop improved pricing processes and pricing tools that improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting and revenue recognition policy.
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train others and to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Able to travel globally
- Sales oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
Experience in Finance, Marketing, Services or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and competition
- Prior competitive or pricing experience
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Deal Management
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB