Location: Muenchen, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 205972
Position Title: Legal Counsel Attorney (V)
An experienced Legal Counsel is required to provide expert contracting advice, drafting and negotiation for Teradata sales organizations in Central and Eastern Europe (mainly Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia) as well as providing general day to day legal advice.
Education and Experience:
- The candidate should be a qualified attorney in Germany (“Volljurist”).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in-house or in law firm.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The candidate must have strong licensing and commercial transactions experience, preferably both domestic and international. IT outsourcing, cloud computing and SaaS experience is a plus, but not a pre-requisite. The candidate must have experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of contract documents including master agreements, complex project agreements, statements of work, and data processing agreements. The candidate will be the key coordinator of activities leading to the proactive resolution of business and legal issues pertaining to assigned contracts.
- Looking for an experienced individual who can drive all facets of contracting from proposal/RFI preparation through contract negotiation and completion.
- The candidate must also provide pragmatic, hands-on day to day legal advice on a broad range of domestic and international legal issues. Employment law and data protection law experience are highly desirable.
- The successful candidate is customer-focused, energetic, self-motivated, and business oriented, with a drive to conclude deals, managing deals from beginning to end and understands how to balance legal risks with business objectives and successfully get deals closed.
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Must be tough and able to work autonomously with initiative and creativity. Exceptional negotiation skills. Attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to interface comfortably with all levels in the organization including senior management.
- Strong business knowledge with demonstrated success in the IT industry (or other high-tech industry)
- Fluent German and English language skills (additional Russian language skills would be beneficial)
- Will be located in the Munich office.
- Will require occasional domestic and overseas travel.
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Counsel
Job Category: Legal
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Muenchen, Bavaria DE