Sales Development Representative
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205953
Position Title: Sales Development Specialist (I)
Sales Development Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to join industry leader, Teradata as a Sales Development Representative (SDR) where you will gain in-depth knowledge of the analytics and data management space. The SDR is responsible for the identification, targeting and nurturing of prospects in a defined territory in partnership with the field-based Area Vice President and Senior Account Executives. The SDR is a valued member of a virtual sales team that’s focused on must-win prospect accounts. To be successful, you need to be an adept communicator, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the client organization. You will partner with Account team leaders to execute specific sales tasks in support of defined customer targeted objectives. If you are naturally analytical and enjoy learning, digging into the business of customers, and helping a team win strategic new accounts then this is the role for you!
- Effectively engage and interact with IT and business prospects in enterprise accounts via telephone and email to develop relationships.
- Drive phone and email campaigns including targeted messaging in partnership with Senior Account Executives in must-win target accounts to generate qualified meetings and opportunities for Teradata
- Contribute to overall demand creation strategy and tactical account plan
- Identification and qualification of target contacts using internal and external data sources including LinkedIn Navigator
- Learn and maintain comprehension of Teradata products and services; deliver preliminary product sales messaging to targeted prospects to secure qualified meetings for Account Executives.
- Perform target account research and gain understanding of business needs
- Effectively navigate priorities of multiple Senior Account Executives to maximize regional success
- Partner with key member of sales, marketing and management to develop target lists, contact strategies and messaging to ensure success.
- Maintain a prescribed cadence of outbound activity in support of account plan tactics as outlined by the Account Executives
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce.com, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information, customer interaction and next actions.
- Work well in virtual team setting; potentially with team members in other time zones (Americas only).
Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required; business or technical degree preferable
- Minimum 2 years of success in lead development, cold calling or sales experience
- Experience selling Cloud or SaaS products
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Eloqua, and LinkedIn Navigator
- Social Selling capabilities via LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 enterprise level accounts
- Positive, can-do attitude, self-starter that can work independently and collaborate to achieve team goals
- Strong oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the use of email
- You thrive when challenged to leverage your intellect, creativity, and drive
- You have ambitions to expand your sales career
- You like to have fun, compete and win
This position is working in an office environment. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is minimal but also expected when required.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Development Representative
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US