Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 205860
Position Title: Managed Services I+
Skill: Teradata Operations DBA
Job Location: Airoli, Navi Mumbai/ Magarpatta City, Pune
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Perform DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Manage Production/Development databases in areas like Capacity Planning, Performance Monitoring & Tuning, Strategies Defined for Backup/Recovery Techniques, Space/ User/ Security Management Along With Problem Determination And Resolution.
- Performance monitoring using PMON and Teradata Manager
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/ Queryman/ TSET etc.
- User/objects & access rights management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup (TARA)/ netvault/ Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the Fast Loading / Multiloading/ Fast Export/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
Required Skills & Attributes
- Full Time Bachelors or Masters degree preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 3-8 years of IT experience
- 3+ years of working experience as Teradata DBA
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, English communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a small team.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Understanding of LDM/PDM
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Operations DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN