Account Executive - New Accounts
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey US
Requisition Number: 205798
Position Title: New Account Executive V
In this role, the Account Executive is responsible for driving Teradata’s growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy customers. To be successful, you need to be an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing, setting and maintaining the account strategy for overall engagement with the client
- Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the selling process and closing sales opportunities
- Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions could be applied and can articulate the value of these solutions.
- Builds and manages relationships with high-level customer decision makers
- Coordinates overall Teradata engagement with client, involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Proved successful track record of converting new prospects into customers and a willingness to pursue customer through a multi-year selling cycle
- Sales experience with large, complex enterprise customers, particularly with a history of breaking into new accounts
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly with executives and decision makers at C-Level
- Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with Teradata solutions and technologies
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New Brunswick
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - New Accounts
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Brunswick, New Jersey US