Managed Services III
Location: Brasilia, Sao Paulo BR
Requisition Number: 205781
Position Title: Managed Services II+
Location: Brasilia, Brazil
- Manage and support production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- The technical consultant should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform Performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
General Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Performance Tuning& Performance Reporting
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
For Teradata DBAs
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the Development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities.
- Coordinate Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities.
- Exposure to Unix Shell and Batch Scripting.
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis.
Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of IT Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Portuguese and English. Spanish is a plus.
- Provide on-call support after working hours.
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a small team.
Desirable Skills :
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- 2+ Years of Teradata DBA experience is highly desired
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
State: Sao Paulo
Community / Marketing Title: Managed Services III
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brasilia, Sao Paulo BR