Industry Consultant - Automotive
Location: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH
Requisition Number: 205708
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
Teradata Automotive Industry Consultants (IC) are key members of our EMEA go-to-market (GTM) support teams. Engaging directly with our clients, and in support of our GTM account teams, they’re part of a close collaborative team with other key dedicated account team colleagues – the Account Executive, the Business Consultant and the Solution Engineer.
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The Automotive Industry Consultant (IC) is a key member of Teradata’s EMEA go-to-market (GTM) support team. Engaging directly with our clients and in support of our GTM account teams, you will form part of a close collaborative team with other key dedicated account team members – the Account Executive, the Business Consultant and the Solution Engineer.
The Industry Consultant (IC) leverages detailed industry and domain knowledge as well as their network to deliver differentiated business outcomes, return on investment and value to our customers and prospects through the use of analytics and data.
The IC has broad knowledge and experience in the industry and specific in-depth expertise in segments or functional areas of that industry. The IC articulates industry vision and trends, provides industry knowledge to marketing and sales activities and supports innovation and thought leadership. The IC understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse applications, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. The IC establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the industry.
To be successful, the Automotive IC will proactively engage with both field sales teams and Teradata customers and prospects to deliver business outcomes at scale across the EMEA organisation.
The Automotive IC will report into the Practice Partner for B2C Industries.
The primary focus of the Automotive IC is to ensure that value is created through the use of Teradata technology, and that this value is clearly articulated both internally and externally and leveraged as part of the ongoing Teradata sales activities with our customers and prospects.
The key areas of focus for the Automotive IC are:
- Position Teradata as thought leaderin the Automotive industry by developing collateral and customer facing material, evangelizing Teradata’s point of view for the Automotive industry at events (both internal and external) and in customer specific settings and build a social media presence within the industry.
- Develop the Automotive Industry Practice through ongoing development of Automotive industry business outcome concepts, IP, methodologies, templates and material that can be deployed by the organization at large for both internal training, demand creation and external (customer) work. Support account teams with specific opportunities to integrate these concepts and opportunities in their account plans.
- Coaching and mentoringby engaging with sales teams to provide support, mentoring and clear direction on the value and how best to deploy Automotive industry business outcome concepts to the organization overall and specifically to the IC’s, BC’s and AE’s. Also be the champion for change and influence the teams to include more business outcome content in their account strategy and sales activity.
- Engage Customers to evangelize the value of accelerating their business analytical roadmap. Work with customer and sales team to document current baseline value realized as well as desired future value opportunities from the use of Teradata technologies.
So your focus is on the largest opportunities for the selling of assets, solutions and consulting services at scale.
These responsibilities are reflected in key skills you’ll need
- Strong team working skills – both with the account teams and with other stakeholders
- Professional and effective communication skills that successfully build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level
- Strong industry and / or subject domain knowledge that enables you to position Teradata in a differentiated way
More specifically, as a Automotive Industry Consultant, you’ll
- Act as the trusted adviser and influencer to customer senior management of various business departments.
- Leverage industry experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy and compelling key consulting offers, consulting methodologies and sales & marketing collateral to support account teams and marketing
- Provide input into sales strategies through insight of industry trends, company profiles, business plans and key commercial goals.
- Identify new business opportunities for analytical ecosystem solutions and develop lead offers to go to market.
- Provide direction to account teams on key areas of a customer business to target; based on experience within the Automotive sector and the use of data and prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of Data & Analytics solutions at scale
- Mentor Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse industry knowledge into their specific technical or analytic consulting expertise
- Support the delivery of data and analytics consulting engagements as an industry SME helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse.
- Support key internal and external events with presentations, keynote speeches, social media content, etc, that raises Teradata’s profile within the Financial Services sector
- Brief press and industry analysts on Teradata capabilities as it relates to the Financial Services industry
- Work with Teradata’s consulting services organisation and partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach.
Because of the role’s collaborative nature between Teradata and the client, you will need to be on the client’s site for the majority of the time. So, depending on your location, travel to the client’s site is expected across EMEA.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- BSc, MBA or MSc in a business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years industry experience in the Automotive function, including proven experience in selling and commercial packaging of complex solutions involving software and consulting services, projects and programs – as well as transformation processes and ability to lead change management initiatives
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain – Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc
- Credible in front of C level executives and their leadership teams. Have become a trusted advisor, providing direction and best practice in the use of data to achieve business goals.
- Ability to tell a story with data, excite business stakeholders on the insight that has been created and articulate the approach to realising business value.
- Experience of building business cases based on the application of analytics and converting into live, fully funded projects.
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients – understand their business strategy and priorities, use Data and Analytics to grow their business and engage industry consultants when additional deep SME capability is required
- A commitment to life-long learning and personal development – both for themselves and their extended teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consultant - Automotive
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH