Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 205686
Position Title: Analytics Consulting V
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
The Analytics Principal will provide thought-leadership in the field of analytics to our customers and consultants. The Analytics Principal, as an articulate, compelling communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit should be able to generate interest and demand for analytics using Teradata Vantage, the platform for Pervasive Data Intelligence.
You’ll be part of a consulting delivery team helping customers with implementing analytical solutions at scale involving AI, Deep Learning and Data Science.
- Provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics across industries by delivering high-impact presentations at external and internal events.
- Create mindshare around analytics using Teradata Vantage by authoring blogs, publishing white papers, and engaging with social media.
- Lead analytical pre-sales engagements by partnering with Teradata sales and Business Consulting teams
- Design analytical solutions at scale for customers to drives business outcomes.
- Mentor analytic practice team members in the region
Successful candidates must have -
- Have at least 8+ years of hands-on experience in architecting / designing / delivering analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role
- Strong theoretical grounding in statistics, advanced analytics machine learning or Software Engineering, and at least five years of real-world experience in the application of advanced analytics in multiple business verticals.
- Proven expertise to leverage tools and programming framework to operationalize analytics.
- Background in analytic consulting, with experience in sales and delivery.
- Strong hands-on programming skills in at least one major analytic programming language and/or tool.
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting and communication skills and a proven ability to persuade and influence.
- Track record of presentations and publications in the field of analytics.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to overcome roadblocks and become a trusted advisor to the various stakeholders.
- Passion for solving complex business problems using analytical techniques.
- Management skills to balance multiple competing requirements.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Experience speaking at conferences, running round table conversations and meet-ups
Must be an Australian Citizen who will be able to secure security clearance to work with Australian Government
Terms and conditions
Teradata is firmly committed to growing and leveraging the benefits of diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings to solving business problems. Candidates will be considered based solely on skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. The successful candidate may work from either a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon his or her preference, but will be expected to travel frequently to meet with customers and account teams in-person and throughout the ANZ and SEA regions.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Analytics Principal
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU