Junior Data Analyst
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 205330
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst (I)
Junior Data Analyst
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Teradata is looking for a Junior Data Analyst who is a SQL enthusiast, collaborator, and quick learner to join our Global Operations team within the Customer Support and Services Organization. If you are inquisitive and searching for an opportunity to find answers in data, let’s talk!
- You possess the knowledge and hands-on skills with data structures and data modeling, either from school or work experience.
- You are a creative thinker who can turn data into insights that support business decisions.
- You are resourceful and able to think outside the box to solve complex problems, with a positive outlook and can work both independently and in a team environment.
- You are open to ideas and willing to learn and grow.
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You are detail-oriented and deadline-driven to deliver accurate results on time.
If these qualities describe you, you’re the right candidate for the role!
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the business and technical teams while translating business requirements into technical specifications and build reports/dashboards in Power BI and ServiceNow
- Analyze data results and communicate findings in a simple and concise format to business stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT to understand both corporate customer support and services data architecture
- Migrate existing reports/dashboards from existing platforms to Power BI or ServiceNow
- Work closely with the business and technical teams to ensure the project delivery meets the business requirements
- Research and find solutions for issues related to the reporting environment
- Assist in ServiceNow platform implementation efforts related to reporting and Performance Analytics
- Fluent in English (Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related discipline
- 0-2 years of experience working with BI report solutions such as Microsoft Power BI
- Experience collecting user requirements with the ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into solutions in Power BI or ServiceNow
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL statements and an understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- Experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Comfortable working as a team and as an individual– strong consultative and consensus-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you will also have the following
- 1+ year of experience with ServiceNow Performance Analytics
- Experience with BI vendors (BusinessObjects/Cognos, Tableau, Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with statistical methodologies and software
- Understanding of Agile methodologies such as scrums, development sprints, demos, and sprint reviews
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Data Analyst
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX