Logistics Field Analyst
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 205326
Position Title: Logistics Analyst (II)
Logistics Field Analyst
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
The Teradata Logistics Analyst is a key member of an experienced team of support analysts, focused on management and execution of Teradata’s global inventory field planning processes.
The role is the entry point into Service Spare Parts with both transactional and analytical responsibilities enabling part ordering, delivery and/or creation of Major Account Support Plans (MASP). The successful candidate will have a solid foundation/understanding of the logistics functions along with the ability to manage these functions on a global level. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, professional, and experienced in logistics processes who are ready to contribute to Teradata’s success.
All RRT transactional work will be done on a Global basis, 7X24X365, in English and requires excellent oral and written communication.
Work You’ll Do
- Creation of unique MASP (Major Account Support Plans) using planning tools & other available data sources supporting field hardware installs base to ensure appropriate spares levels are meeting customer requirements.
- Engagement with a field service organization to review aging inventory with weekly reports of Non-Targeted Stock (NTS), In-transits, Service Request (SR), E&O, while providing support and training on logistics processes
- Monitor and field engagement for inventory purges and inventory inspections as identified by engineering FRO/Purge process
- Review of existing processes for opportunities to reduce spares and drive efficiency in the business
- Monitor load rates reports for existing MASP
- Work closely with Teradata’s 3rd party Logistics provider (Flextronics) to address field quarantine stock portal and resolve issues as well as tracking open inventory receipts from field locations.
- Work with the field services organization to ensure MASP is deactivated for any uninstalled hardware were parts are on-site for support and spares inventory returned to 3Rd Party provide, Flextronics
- Monitor Daily Backorders, with special attention to OVN (overnight) and NFO (next flight out) orders to ensure timely execution and escalate as needed to Global Inventory Planning team for ETA on spares stock.
- Review and action daily any/all “order holds” via email notification to ensure correct and timely order processing.
- Monitor and Review CCW (Country Central Warehouse)/FSL (Field Stocking Location) defective inventory and initiate inventory returns to 3rd party provider, Flextronics, on a routine cycle
- Work closely with 3PL (UPS) on the management of importing/exporting, CLA and Canada, Teradata spares inventory to and from the 3PL to the local warehouse and/or end customer
- Engage with 3PL (UPS)on inventory audits within CLA countries and Canada to ensure inventory accuracy
- Assist with field escalations and after-hours support for any NFO activity as required by the field to support the customer base
- Assist the field by working with the finance team on the reconciliation of any order or inventory discrepancies that require financial and /or inventory adjustments
- Provide support to Teradata Customer Service Representative (CSR) on spare parts identification and spare parts family interchangeability
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Fluent in English (Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills)
- Associates Degree OR Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of professional work experience in a related field
- USA B1 Visa Required (or ability to obtain)
- Strong Excel skills including experience with pivot tables & VLOOKUP
- Experience with inventory planning tools or previous job experience as an inventory planner, call center, customer service or service parts experience preferred
- Knowledgeable with Finance & Inventory Control
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Flexible schedule, ability to work various shifts and on-call duties
Community / Marketing Title: Logistics Field Analyst
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX