Project Management Leader
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 205268
Position Title: Director, Engagement & Delivery
Project Management Lead, GCA Consulting Organization
The GCA Project Management Lead, is responsible for managing consulting delivery portfolio with around 100+ active projects cross China, Tai Wan and HK related enterprise and commercial clients, including banking, telecom, retail, airline, logistics etc. This role reports directly to the GCA Engagement leader, to focus on delivery and execution.
The leader also is rich skills in program management, to position Teradata Consulting as a trusted advisor, able to sell and manage large, transformational programs that deliver client business value through a roadmap of projects for Data & Analytics solutions, requiring technology, process, information, and organizational change. This level of engagement requires Teradata Consulting to combine solution selling, architecture and business consulting, and program management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define GCA project management organization and management processes including the designation of project managers and assignment of responsibilities;
- Manage overall GCA project portfolio in health: estimation, project planning, and project delivery on track, milestone achievement, project margin in control;
- Execute project governance; closely work with delivery assurance team to make sure compliance;
- Manage team to drive the objective. Under reporting there are by location by industry formed up project management teams;
- Also personally has strong program management experience can provide guidance to the team in critical project delivery situation;
- Join steering committee meetings for selected projects during delivery to provide guidance;
- Actively work with engagement teams to understand commercial arrangement to guide project management team to support engagement team in right sizing and resource planning, and project planning;
- Actively work with practice leaders, to get resource support of project delivery;
- Develop project management community across the GCA to inspire, promote and share wins and success delivery, offerings.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience in project program management skills;
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Excellent people development and talent management skills. Managed 50+ team before and manage multiple project managers in delivery;
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Highly skilled in team management, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
- Base in Bei Jing or ShangHai
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Project Management Leader
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN