Chief of Staff - Chief Revenue Officer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205001
Position Title: Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff - Chief Revenue Officer
The Chief of Staff is a key leadership position for the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO). This highly visible role serves as trusted advisor to the CRO and acts as a key liaison among executive management. This position assists CRO in determining and managing top priorities and represents the CRO in working with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the technology solutions industry and the company’s customers, product offerings and employees. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), influencing and leadership skills will be critical. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who can quickly operationalize company-wide initiatives and demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
This position requires the ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals and is responsible for the central coordination of all operational activities in the Go-To Market organizations. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction for change management initiatives, budget and financial planning, project management, and program development on behalf of the CRO. Additionally, this position has oversight for all ongoing projects supporting the CRO’s agenda to ensure that the established milestones and measurement criteria are being met. The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with employees and managers to streamline processes, with the goal of improving customer delivery and satisfaction.
Business Analytics – Analyze a variety of business variables from both a strategic and operational point of view, using qualitative and quantitative analytics; identify potential issues, recommend resolution, and prioritize and deploy business process improvement initiatives across the organization. Including, but not limited to, reviewing business cases for brands, annual budgets and customer contracts. Partnering with CRO LT members and other leaders within GTM, driving strategic operational management of GTM programs globally.
Sales Executive Team – Develop and manage the content and logistics of the strategic sales planning offsite, quarterly business reviews, employee Town Halls, bi-weekly meetings, quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors (as requested), 12-month planning calendar. This includes agenda development; initiative tracking and ensuring efficient/productive meeting logistics and facilitation. Transform and transition Winners Circle Program.
Leadership Team – Working with CRO, develop and manage common objective requirements of each LT member in relation to sales needs that drive our business success through silo-breaking activities like common goals/objectives and critical strategic discussions.
Office of the CRO – Responsible for managing the CRO budget, annual operating plan, CRO event and customer engagement calendar, employee roundtables, bi-annual all manager meetings, and organization of domestic and global trips. Ensures all required preparation is on time for all stakeholder meetings, customers, employees, media, regulators, investors, etc. Develop and deliver customer facing content for executive presentations. Prepare monthly presentations, relevant documents and briefing materials for the CRO’s monthly/quarterly operations reviews to CEO and for Board of Directors and other commitments for the CRO. Determine appropriate content and messaging. Actively participate in and/or lead various forums/meetings internal and external; prepare presentations and report back to the various stakeholders.
Communications – In partnership with Corporate Communications, ensures consistent impactful communication to employees, customers, partners, and other key stakeholders. This includes managing organizational announcements and confidential projects.
- Broad and independent functional knowledge of technology or technology solutions company
- Experience supporting global Sales/Consulting organzations
- Varied business background with international operations and strategy experience; experience working in a global company that operates in multiple countries
- Ability to transform general strategic direction into tactical action plans, with validation from stakeholders, generating choices and opportunities
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Strong ability to manage multiple deliverables, even in the face of some ambiguity
- Sound planning and resource management skills
- Strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, to include conflict resolution; demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving
- Experience in developing new and uncharted business solutions which have significant, direct impact on profit and loss
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions that maximize business results
- Must be able to manage conversations with the Board and C-Suite with ease and confidence
- Self-starter who requires minimum supervision
- Desire and motivation to put in the time and effort and make personal sacrifices; including extensive domestic and global travel
- Broad business background with the ability to converse intelligently with other functional areas such as Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales, and IT, as well as suppliers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of general management experience; minimum five years of experience in Corporate Strategy, Sales, Consulting, Strategic Planning or Business Operations
- Strong strategic and financial analysis skills
- Previous experience in the technology industry a plus; knowledge of financial controls, the IT organization, and a broad understanding of business drivers and strategies
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Chief of Staff - Chief Revenue Officer
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US