Director of Engineering - Teradata Data and Analytics Platform
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204888
Position Title: Director, Engineering
Teradata Data (SQL Engine) and Analytics Platform is used as an analytics platform for mission critical applications. Customer adoption of this platform is driving the need for expansion of the Teradata Vantage Platform strategy. Teradata Data and Analytics product is a key product line as part of the Vantage platform and offering. This leadership position leads the Teradata Data Platform engineering efforts. The position will manage the Teradata Data Platform R&D efforts including Data Lake, and File System. This position requires strong leadership skills along with experience in technology stack. This position will report to the Senior Director /VP of Teradata Vantage Platform based in the San Diego or LA, USA office location.
As a Senior Manager /Director of Engineering, you will become a key member of the Teradata Data and Analytics Platform team, creating Teradata's next generation of analytics and cloud-based product offerings. This position is a technical leadership role focusing on delivering projects in the Teradata Data and Analytics Platform team. This includes Teradata data lake and cloud enablement.
Your Business Objectives would include:
This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out
Of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art advanced analytics technology to the next level.
- Define the roadmap for Teradata Data Platform (SQL Engine) and the execution to the roadmap. Hold accountability to delivering a quality product
- Collaborate with Architecture and Product Management on implementation semantics and participate in engineering processes
- Work with Product Manager and Marketing to provide technical consulting services for pre- and post-sales teams to include content generation and internal and external presentations
- Facilitate cross organizational collaboration of product definitions and designs for development teams to leverage
- Identify and coordinate adoption of technology across Teradata development teams
- Research customer needs and requirements with Product Management
- Represent technology and solutions to customer and prospects
- Facilitate a fun and learning environment which is agile, and customer focused
- Minimum Qualifications
This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of Data Platforms, analytics practices and technology including parallel processing, micro services concepts, APIs, tools and integration techniques. The person in this role will possess good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff. The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability translate business requirements in technical requirements
- Experience providing leadership and direction to architects and engineers
- Experience designing and developing enterprise scale solutions / applications
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development best practices
- Experience with Cloud platforms including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Experience with Systems management and automation
- Experience with DevOps methodology and enabling solutions
Location: San Diego /LA, Ca.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering - Teradata Data and Analytics Platform
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US