Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204770
Position Title: Deal Manager II
The Deal Manager supports a sales territory, navigating and managing enterprise and/or commercial transactions from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing transaction deal structure to maximize revenue and profit. Teaming with the pricing manager and the account team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements. This position will advise on appropriate deal structures for enterprise and/or commercial accounts as they relate to preferred revenue recognition treatment. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the account team to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit. Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the account teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the account team win business and drive profitable growth. This position will be customer facing when required. Close working relationships are required with Sales, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Regional Business Operations Leader.
- Participate in account planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Project manage internal processes around a transaction from start to finish including project, renewal and consulting deals
- Coordinate across organizations to support deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Proficient verbal and written skills to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Ability to work closely with account teams, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues and offer advice and alternatives
- BA required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Sales, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Deal strategy and negotiations experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time
- Sales-oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Deal Manager
Job Category: Finance
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB