Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204235
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (IV)
The Deal Manager supports a sales territory, navigating and managing enterprise and/or commercial transactions from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing transaction deal structure to maximize revenue and profit. Teaming with the pricing manager and the account team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements. This position will advise on appropriate deal structures for enterprise and/or commercial accounts as they relate to preferred revenue recognition treatment. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the account team to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit. Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the account teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the account team win business and drive profitable growth. This position will be customer facing when required. Close working relationships are required with Sales, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Regional Business Operations Leader.
- Participate in account planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Project manage internal processes around a transaction from start to finish including project, renewal and consulting deals
- Coordinate across organizations to support deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Proficient verbal and written skills to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Ability to work closely with account teams, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues and offer advice and alternatives
- BA required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Sales, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Deal strategy and negotiations experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time
- Sales-oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Deal Manager
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US