Big Data Administrator
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 205867
Position Title: Managed Services II
Skill - Big Data Administrator (Platform Support)
Job Location - Powai, Mumbai/ Magarpatta City, Pune/ Bangalore
Providing Administrative Support for Think Big Customers on Hadoop platforms. Typically, these customers may have 24/7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work in shifts and also be on-call to support customer site/s per contractual obligations.
The Hadoop Administrator manages and controls the Hadoop System environment for Teradata customers. The Hadoop Administrator requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the Hadoop System, including the associated operating system, related tools, network, and hardware.
- 3-5 years in experience in Managing and Supporting large scale Production Hadoop environments (configuration management, monitoring, and performance tuning) in any of the Hadoop distributions (Apache, Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, IBM BigInsights, Pivotal HD)
- 3+ years of experience in Scripting Language (Linux, SQL, Python). Should be proficient in shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience on Administrative activities likes-
Administration, maintenance, control, and optimization of Hadoop capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
- Management of data, users, and job execution on the Hadoop System
- Experience in Backup, Archival and Recovery (BAR) and High availability (HA)
- Plan for and support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- 3-10 years of Experience in Hadoop Monitoring tools (Cloudera Manager, and Ambari, Nagios, Ganglia etc).
- Experience may include (but is not limited to) build and support including design, configuration, installation (upgrade), monitoring and performance tuning of any of the Hadoop distributions
- Hadoop software installation and upgrades
- Experience of workload / performance management
- Automation - experience in CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Deployment) – Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef.
- Implementing standards and best practices to manage and support data platforms as per distribution.
- Proficiency in Hive internals (including HCatalog), SQOOP, Pig, Oozie and Flume/Kafka.
- Experience in MySQL & PostgreSQL databases.
- ITIL Knowledge.
- Experience with DR (Disaster Recovery) strategies and principles.
- Development or administration on NoSQL technologies like Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.
- Development or administration on Web or cloud platforms like Amazon S3, EC2, Redshift, Rackspace, OpenShift etc.
- Development/scripting experience on Configuration management and provisioning tools e.g. Puppet, Chef
- Web/Application Server & SOA administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Development, Implementation or deployment experience on the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase)
- Experience on any one of the following will be an added advantage:
- Hadoop integration with large scale distributed data platforms like Teradata, Teradata Aster, Vertica, Greenplum, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, etc.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C or Web-related development
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Integration (ETL) operations delivery techniques, processes, methodologies
- Exposure to tools data acquisition, transformation & integration tools like Talend, Informatica, etc. & BI tools like Tableau, Pentaho, etc.
- Linux Administrator certified.
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN