Talent Development Senior Program Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205654
Position Title: Program Management Specialist (III)
The Organizational Development team at Teradata is in transformation mode – we are building innovative, high-impact people solutions for the business and setting the tone for how our employees experience life at Teradata. You will be joining a team of passionate experts who are intentional about building and nurturing a culture that sets us apart – making Teradata’s talent a true competitive advantage.
You will play a key role on our team and are an experienced professional, passionate about ensuring our employees’ experience is exceptional as they are learning and developing. You will take a keen eye to every detail and feel joy when development is taking place. You will have an important role in ensuring programs are launched effectively, with thorough change, communication and marketing campaigns, and you will partner with global program leaders to enable and operationalize aspects of the talent programs with a strong thread of diversity and inclusion, including and not limited to: Performance Development; Career Support and Development, Organizational Talent Planning; Strategic Workforce Planning, and Employee Engagement.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management and coordination of activities pertaining to project management including: developing and refining project charters, building project plans, preparing communications, defining roles and responsibilities, managing budget, identifying measures of success and ensuring timely execution of deliverables.
- Facilitate collaborative and effective project team meetings, ensuring team understanding of current and upcoming deliverables, timelines and owners
- Communicate project status and decisions needed to stakeholders at all levels including executive sponsors
- Deliver all aspects of the agreed upon projects supporting Talent initiatives on time, on budget and resulting in an exceptional employee experience. This includes considerations related to every aspect of the employee’s experience from pre-event to post-evaluation, as well as all project implementation. This role will have final say in what should or can be done to enhance the employee experience.
- Lead with full management and coordination of activities pertaining to talent initiatives, including: developing and refining project charters, building project plans, preparing communications, defining roles and responsibilities, managing budget, identifying measures of success and ensuring timely execution of deliverables.
- Fulfill the execution of the planning, logistics, and delivery of projects and events developed for employees. This includes venue coordination, vendor identification and set-up, budget alignment, and coordination of all details and plans to operationalize the event and ensure an exceptional employee experience.
- Provide input and potentially create event marketing activities for our talent management organization.
- Ensure compliance with corporate processes associated with legal, procurement, tax, accounting and other departments.
- Oversee onsite and offsite event execution ensuring all aspects are executed as planned and meet the programs objectives. Negotiate space contracts, book events space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audio-visual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signage, and ensure appropriate décor (linens, color schemes, etc.).
- Partner with internal processes for vendor and PO set-up.
- Act as a role model leader and key contributor to our Talent Management team – we hold ourselves to high standards, have a great deal of respect for the unique strengths of all, and enjoy coming to work and collaborating with each other.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple complex, high profile projects, ideally in a professional services environment (e.g. management consulting, law, etc.) or life sciences/technology environment.
- Proven track record delivering innovative, creative, and integrated event plans that drive awareness and results
- Skilled multi-tasker able to thrive in an environment where you will work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as a team member.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical implementation to achieve results; ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects serving various audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Discretion, good judgment and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with tact
- Communication experience exhibited with success at all levels within an organization
- Proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Significant proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in driving initiatives across functions, levels and regions with well-constructed program/project management is required.
- Previous experience in working within an organizational change and/or cultural transformation a plus
- Committed to a growth mindset and interested in learning new things
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a high performer who can “hit the ground running” and bring experience into the ecosystems we operate in - high tech and/or professional services. You’re passionate about the work you do – adding value to the business through well executed culture and inclusiveness programs. You anticipate business needs and love to put order to chaos and are energized by a good challenge. You see opportunity in a less than optimal process and look for new ways of incorporating process efficiency. You realize success with the appropriate amount of confidence, orientation to the collective success of the organization and team over personal gain and ego-orientation. You demonstrate adaptability, tenacity, and resiliency and can balance work-load with high touch delivery. You are comfortable with a reasonable amount of ambiguity.
You have a global mindset, cultural sensitivity and an appreciation for and ability to speak to the importance of inclusion and its impact on our culture. You demonstrate strong project and program management discipline with the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. With your advanced administrative management mindset, you partner and work across boundaries (organizations, business processes, systems, programs) to assess best ways to operationalize and deploy programs. You are comfortable addressing issues and acting without significant direction, work independently and have a good sense of when to escalate issues and gain other perspectives and alignment.
You are organized and have keen attention to detail. You have 7+ years of advanced project management or event management and can utilize that experience through strong program/project management implementation. Technology usage is a strength, and you are comfortable navigating across Workday, SharePoint, and the MS Office suite of tools. You have experience with WebEx and CNET (or affiliated event planning systems) or have a strong interest to learn.
Finally, you want to learn and grow in your work experience and have some fun while doing it.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Talent Development Senior Program Specialist
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US