Director of Financial Planning Systems and Processes
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205595
Position Title: Director, Information Systems
The Operations Director for the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function is the functional business owner responsible for driving automation throughout the global FP&A team. In this role, you will be designing, developing and deploying technology and consistent processes in support of the financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes. In the short term, you will be responsible for the global deployment of the Hyperion Planning application which drives efficiency and transparency within our forecasting and planning processes. Additionally, you will be responsible for deploying a customer P&L reporting application in support of our company strategy to drive pricing excellence. You will work cross functionally with the region FP&A teams, global FP&A teams, Consulting Operations, CS&S Operations, and IT to successfully deploy solutions to improve these processes.
- Manage one analyst (currently)
- Manage Systems Integrator (additional 4-6 resources)
- Owner of the systems architecture for all financial planning systems – identifying key processes that reside in financial systems to efficiently execute the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting functions.
- Drive efficiency in FP&A processes by automating manual tasks and processes globally, including:
- Deploying Hyperion Planning to drive automation and best practices with forecasting and planning processes
- Customer Profitability reporting and system to drive better decision making
- Customer Tracking reporting and system for record of reference of customer database
- Others as required…
- 8+ years of experience in a finance planning & analysis role with exposure to related systems and tools
- Experience with Hyperion Planning including functional Hyperion Planning Development and administration skills.
- Working knowledge of financial ERP's and other financial systems to drive execution of global forecasting and planning processes:
- ERP Oracle
- Strong knowledge of FP&A processes from corporate organizations through the region/country Planning Analysts
- Project management capability
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Financial Planning Systems and Processes
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US