Senior Staff Software Engineer-Query Optimizer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Requisition Number: 205379
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
What We Do:
Teradata is where cutting-edge innovations in data management turn into business value. Our outstanding team of database architects and software engineers work together to understand and advance emerging technologies to produce the next wave of big data analytic solutions. Teradata SQL Engine is the core of Teradata Vantage that runs on-premises and in hybrid clouds to manage and optimize sophisticated workloads.
What You’ll Do:
The heart of Teradata SQL Engine is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for Sr. Staff Software Engineer. As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer in the query optimization group, you are expected to contribute to the design, development and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for Teradata SQL Engine.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
- Perform competitive analysis of other database systems
- Implement, validate, and test new database and novel query optimization features in an Agile form
- Contribute to the delivery and continuous support of robust, resilient and quality database products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, with at least ten years of related research or industry, or
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least eight years of related research or industry experience, or
- D. in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least five years of related research or industry experience
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Top-notch programming skills
- System development experience
- Passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with various database technologies
- Experience using agile software development methods and tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer-Query Optimizer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US