Nihongo (Japanese) Bridge Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 205375
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery II
Designation : Nihongo (Japanese) Bridge Engineer
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Nihongo (Japanese) Bridge Engineer facilitate the effective delivery of software development projects that require Japanese language as the important/primary language. They must be adept at communicating and interacting with all the stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, and also able to coach the offshore team for them to be able to communicate and interact effectively. Bridge Engineers (Nihongo) are expected to be “T-shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of software development in the Enterprise Datawarehouse space, can fluently read,write and speak Nihongo and have skills in performing any of the following roles:
- Project Management
- Data Science
- Software Development using Python, SQL,Spark,JAVA or SAS
- ETL Development with Datastage, Talend or Informatica
- Software testing, manual /automated
Key Areas of Responsibilit
- Facilitate discussions between the offshore team, account team and client
- Coach offshore team in effectively communicating with the account team and the client by raising awareness on business culture and supporting the team in enhancing their fluency in Japanese language.
- Participate in requirements and design discussions
- Participate in brainstorming, status reporting and other meetings
- Develop project and marketing documentation in Japanese
- Deliver technical work in their engineering specialization
- Participate in sizing and estimating new projects, as well as supporting new business development
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 2/3 years experience working with a Japanese client
- Ability to speak/read/write in Nihongo fluently; JLPT N3 certification is a must
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 2 years experience in SQL, relational database design and methods
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehousing is a plus
- Experience with large data sets consisting of structured and unstructured data and associated metadata and distributed computing with Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Pig, etc. is a plus
- Experience in leading a team >=5 is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and japanese
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Nihongo (Japanese) Bridge Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN