Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205372
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: San Diego
Teradata Sustaining Engineering is an expert team of support analysts and software engineers focused on delivering deep-level technical support to both internal and external customers. Ideally, you will have a thorough understanding of the Teradata Database, its associated tools and platforms, and the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. We’re targeting highly motivated and creative support analysts who are ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata’s Global Support Organization has four levels of expertise to handle customer issues and Sustaining Engineering represents the highest level of expertise. As such, Sustaining Engineering is responsible to develop a final resolution for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product/Problem analysis to determine the root cause of defects in Teradata Database software
- Implement software fixes, perform tests, and merge fixes into the code base for software defects reported in DR (Discrepancy Report) or JIRA.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high-performance computing environments.
- US Citizen or Green Card
- Located in San Diego, CA or El Segundo, CA
- BS in Computer Science or another technical discipline with 3-7 years of related experience OR Master’s in Computer Science with 2-3 years of related experience
- 3-7 years of experience working with an enterprise-level relational database (Teradata, SQL, DB2, etc.)
- 3-7 years of experience working with SUSE LINUX operating systems
- 3-7 years of software engineering experience: C/C++, Java, or Python
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing
- Prior experience working with Teradata Database and associated platforms (Vantage, Aster, QueryGrid, Unity)
- Considerable experience in system software programming
- Experience with data analysis
- Closed-Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Global customer-service organization that provides 24/7/365 support
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation (on-call rotation starts after 6-month training period)
- Some travel will be required, domestic and international
- International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US