Location: Malmo, Skane lan SE
Requisition Number: 205313
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery IV
Location: Malmö Area, Sweden. The successful candidate can be based in Sweden, but will be expected to demonstrate a willingness and an ability to travel frequently and often within the Geo as well as outside in line with the needs of the business and the Practice.
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
As a Project Manager, you will assist in the account leadership and delivery of engagements. The successful applicant will have experience designing and executing projects and programs according to agreed budget, timeline and scope. You will collaborate and be the interface with client counterparts and on- and offshore consultants on a daily basis. You will also be involved in branding, thought leadership and knowledge management efforts with the objective of providing value-adding consulting services. You will enable our clients to become data driven and follow the roadmap as outlined, to realize answers to their toughest business questions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Sales Support & Business Development
- Lead the scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of consulting projects. Responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables.
- During the engagement, identify future sales opportunities; participate in pre-sales planning, project pricing, bid review, and presentation of sales proposals. Acquire incremental business within the project through change control.
- Lead an analytics and/or data warehouse implementation project or a collection of multiple small projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within client expectations for quality and functionality.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution and manage client expectations in line with the agreed statement of work.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all stakeholders in reports and status meetings.
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore resources, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time. Produce project financial and status reports from internal systems.
- Ensure monthly billings, timely collection of revenue, and manage procurement and payment to contractors.
Knowledge Capture & Reuse
- Drive the adoption of Teradata’s accelerators and advocated tools
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- Business Needs Analysis — Ability to manage the definition of the client’s requirements within the context of their business. Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Requirements Analysis and Management — Ability to manage the systematic identification, documentation, and management project requirements. Tracing the requirements from source through implementation and verification, and controlling all requirements and scope change.
- Procurement/Supplier Management — Estimate, plan, and manage the work of subcontractors and other external project resources. Develop and manage subcontracting agreements.
- System/Technology Integration — Ability to identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives.
- Project Planning and Organizing — Define project scope. Estimate time, cost, and resource requirements. Plan projects according to the advocated Teradata PM Methodology. Assess project risk, develop risk mitigation strategies, and support the sales team to develop contracts and project pricing. Use the appropriate project management methodology (e.g. Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
- Managing Project Implementation — Manage all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project.
- Testing — Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional, and quality requirements.
- Tools and IP – Leverage and use Velocity, Reference Information Architecture, and applicable IP.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Coaching — Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Decision-Making — Ability to use logical sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines for a given situation.
- Problem-Solving — Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Facilitation and Meeting Management — Guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Influencing Others — Ability to assert ideas and persuade others to commit to action.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation — Ability to come to sound agreements with counterparts in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interest.
- Communications — Communicates effectively at all levels, with Teradata and client personnel internal and external to the project team. Communicates project status and issues effectively. Able to perform all project communications effectively in the English language with excellent written and good spoken English skills.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- BS or MS in technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- PMP / IPMA / Prince or similar certification is an advantage.
- Ability to work onsite in Sweden, be proficient in business English
- It’s a plus if the candidate knows Swedish
- Ability to take business discussions with the client business stakeholders,
- Delegate work to, and involve Business Consultants, Analysts and SMEs with client business stakeholders, whenever required.
- Ability and comfortable in interacting with senior level client and internal management
- 5+ years project management experience in Retail industry
- Experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Solid experience in project planning: scheduling, staffing, pricing
State: Skane lan
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Malmo, Skane lan SE